- Place a blank piece of white paper in front of you about 8 1/2/11 plain computer paper.
- Use whichever medium you feel most comfortable with
- Ask the paper if it has any messages for you today
- Close you eyes for a few moments as you rest your hand on the paper in front of you
- Move your hand around the paper
- Does a color, shape, size, image come to mind?
- Does the paper feel warm, cold, or hot?
- Does it feel soft, hard, textured?
- Maybe a question such as where do you suggest I begin? would be helpful
- As you move your hand on the paper does a particular shape form?
- Let all of this be a guide for you.
- Allow the page to speak to you and when you feel images, shapes, or colors come to you...go with them.
- Do not judge
- Do not erase
- Just play!
Everything you have done so far has been a beginning. You have begun. Be careful about judgement. This is not about how much, how good, how perfect; it's about getting started and moving forward. Have fun with it and ask all critics to step outside. Be kind and gentle with yourself...No punishing talk. Kind, loving words as though you are speaking to a young child...